We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please SSG, let us designate passive virtues for xp!!

I understand that slotted virtues get all the virtueXP unless they are capped. If all slotted virtues are capped, then earned virtueXP spills over to unslotted virtues in alphabetical order? If this is correct, please SSG fix this and let us "designate" which un-slotted virtues should be first to receive virtueXP overflow. There are virtues we want for PVE, and virtues we want for Raids, and we cant slot all of them at once, so please let us pick the passive virtues that will get xp overflow!

Milarien is offline The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen
    Am I missing something? I thought whichever virtue you clicked last would say "earning" and would be the one that received virtue xp until you designated a different one?
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

Click on the virtue (any virtue, doesn't have to be slotted) you want to get the xp and it shows as earning, and will get any virtue xp you earn.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by in2thebrink View Post
    I understand that slotted virtues get all the virtueXP unless they are capped. If all slotted virtues are capped, then earned virtueXP spills over to unslotted virtues in alphabetical order? If this is correct, please SSG fix this and let us "designate" which un-slotted virtues should be first to receive virtueXP overflow. There are virtues we want for PVE, and virtues we want for Raids, and we cant slot all of them at once, so please let us pick the passive virtues that will get xp overflow!
    Left-click on the non-slotted virtue you want to get xp. Once those reach cap, xp then goes to the lowest rank one then alphabetical if the remaining ones are at the same rank. You can always select one for xp, again, by left-clicking it.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Order of xp is selected virtue>equipped virtue> all remaining virtues in order by level and alphabetical for virtues at same level.

The system is cumbersome to say the least.
    Suppose my slotted virtues are capped, I have virtue A set to 'Earning' and it is currently at 59 with bar almost full. I know I am about to earn 3k vxp from a Vale daily. If I do, my A virtue will cap and the remaining 2000+ vxp would go to some lowest level virtue. Suppose I want the remainder go to specific virtue B. What do I do?
    Just before getting the vxp, I slot virtue B. Then I make sure virtue A is still marked as earning. Now, my VXP gain caps A and rest goes to B. At this point, I can slot my usual virtue back, and set B to 'earning'

All I have been doing for the last two weeks is completing Deeds to cap Virtues. I capped Wit from 0 and all my equipped ones then I designate another by selecting it. Now when that is approaching cap, I equip the next one to get the overflow. Once it gets the overflow it gets unequipped and selected and replaced by the formally capped equipped Virtue. Rinse repeat.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Simply select ANY Virtue to level it....

... equipping it is not necessary.

I think people keep missing this as they read. You do not have to equip a Virtue to level it.

In the image linked you can see I do not have Wit equipped, I simply clicked the image in the slot so it showed Earning and then left it alone. If I decide to level another I would simply click the image in another Virtue Slot.

Click the icon image, not just the slot.

https://i.postimg.cc/FKV2dByj/Virtue.png

Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Namma View Post
    ... equipping it is not necessary.

I think people keep missing this as they read. You do not have to equip a Virtue to level it.
    And YOU, methinks, do not understand the conversation here.
    No wonder you don't get it though, none of your virtues are capped. I am 60/60 on 15 of my virtues.

So riddle me this:
    Suppose your 5 slotted virtues are at 60.
    Suppose your Wit is at 59 and just a tiny bit from hitting 60.
    Suppose you are about to finish a zone deed that will get you 2k vxp AND finish the 4k vxp meta-deed? (6k total) How do you make sure that after your Wit hits 60, the remaining 5k+ go into, say, Valour and not Patience? Hmm?

After all, the MOST efficient use of vxp is capping virtues you got closest to cap. The final 5 levels (10k vxp, 11.6% of the 86k total) account for 30% of the stat bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    No wonder you don't get it though, none of your virtues are capped. I am 60/60 on 15 of my virtues.

So riddle me this:
    Suppose your 5 slotted virtues are at 60.
    Suppose your Wit is at 59 and just a tiny bit from hitting 60.
    Suppose you are about to finish a zone deed that will get you 2k vxp AND finish the 4k vxp meta-deed? (6k total) How do you make sure that after your Wit hits 60, the remaining 5k+ go into, say, Valour and not Patience? Hmm?

After all, the MOST efficient use of vxp is capping virtues you got closest to cap. The final 5 levels (10k vxp, 11.6% of the 86k total) account for 30% of the stat bonus.
    Easy, but you may forget to do it, as it usually happens to me lol

You slot all the virtues you want to level after the one you have designated as currently earning vxp, and either you leave the rest blank or fill them with capped ones.

Now, the only problem I had with this way is when I leveled a new character, but even then you can do it by being careful as to what you level and at what point in your quests.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

It was really a rhetoric question as I provided an answer a couple posts back.
    In MY case, actually, it hardly matters anymore since I have capped everything that mattered and just filling in the remainder. So I no longer care much which virtue gets the spill-over xp.
    But for people who capped the primaries, and are working on the situationals, it's cumbersome to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Always nice when someone does a slam directly at someone. Felt the need to throw shade?

So riddle me this:

...snip!...
    Regardless, there are folk who still don't get the Virtue XP system. If the image helps someone, then it's all good.
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.