We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    Hey, I got a notification today that 22.0.1 is out. I'm curious to year what your evaluation of this one is.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Hey, I got a notification today that 22.0.1 is out. I'm curious to year what your evaluation of this one is.
    On 28 Sep 2022 in Message #13 of this thread, I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    A minor update to Crossover 22, 22.0.1, is now available. I installed the update and LOTRO continues to run perfectly for me.

I am very interested to learn if this minor update allows LOTRO to run in Crossover 22 for those people who tried Crossover 22, experienced an inability to run the game client, and had to downgrade to Crossover 21. This is not something I am able to test for you because I can not replicate the problem being experienced by those people who reported it.
    On my Macs running 10.14.6 Mojave and 12.6 Monterey, I noticed no difference between Crossover 22.0 and Crossover 22.0.1 as far as LOTRO is concerned.

For people currently successfully running LOTRO with Crossover 22.0, it should be safe to upgrade to Crossover 22.0.1.

I have heard from only one person, DanteIL, who was able to run LOTRO in Crossover 21.2, unable to run LOTRO in Crossover 22.0, and then tried LOTRO in Crossover 22.0.1 and he reported continued failure. However, he was in the middle of troubleshooting some other issue at the time so this one report isn't a solid data point.

You have been running LOTRO in Crossover 21.2 but ran into issues with Crossover 22.0. You were able to roll back to Crossover 21.2. I don't know if you would be able to successfully run LOTRO in Crossover 22.0.1, but if not, you should be able to roll back to Crossover 21.2 again. So there's little to risk except a little of your time if you'd like to try Crossover 22.0.1.

People who are planning to use MacOS 13 Ventura when it is released later this autumn will need to upgrade to Crossover v22 before doing so because v21 is not expected to be compatible with Ventura. As we discussed earlier in this thread, if you are sticking with MacOS 10.15 Catalina (or for anyone else not planning to upgrade to a post-Monterey version of MacOS), there is no special need for you to upgrade Crossover from v21 to v22. In the very long run, LOTRO might require updated WINE components not present in v21 but I wouldn't expect that to be the case for at least a year and probably much longer.

I'd appreciate getting a report from you were you to try Crossover 22.0.1! However, even given that it is a very low-risk experiment in your case, there is no need for you to run that experiement unless you've changed your mind about the version of MacOS you plan to run.

Ah, I was out of town, so I just got the pop-up today and didn't realize it had been out so long.

Yeah, no change for me either. Same failure is the same failure, and I'm back on 21.2. Too bad.
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Ah, I was out of town, so I just got the pop-up today and didn't realize it had been out so long.

Yeah, no change for me either. Same failure is the same failure, and I'm back on 21.2. Too bad.
    There are a lot of people in the Codeweavers official forums complaining about how Quicken and other fairly important business programs are not running under Crossover 22 (even 22.0.1) but are running fine under Crossover 21 (specifically, 21.2). Other applications are similarly affected and getting a lot of public reports. I don't know that it's the same issue affecting the ability for you and some other folks to run LOTRO in v22, but it might be. And I expect we'll see some action to address whatever is affecting Quicken. So keep an eye out for further point updates of v22. I can't imagine Codeweavers is going to allow this problem to continue indefinitely, they are probably waiting for the final release of Ventura in order to be sure whatever changes they make to address these reports are fully compatible with the Ventura release since the main point of v22 vs v21 is Ventura compatibility.

Looks like a new point release that mentions Quicken went out today.

Looks like a new point release that mentions Quicken went out today.
    Latest release of Crossover is still v22.0.1. And the latest version of v21 is still v21.2.

Perhaps you're referring to a beta or one of their nightly builds. If so, I don't recommend using those. They're beta (or alpha) for a reason.

I don't see how I could have missed a new release, and I just checked Codeweavers download page and it still shows v22.0.1 as the latest available retail version. But I could have missed something. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Latest release of Crossover is still v22.0.1. And the latest version of v21 is still v21.2.
    Oh, I'm sorry. That was just the popup telling me running on 21.2 that I should update to 22.0.1. I saw Quicken in the release notes, but that must not be the same problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2