Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 11 sur 11

Discussion: The Hour Has Come

Milarien est déconnecté The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen

The Hour Has Come

The World announcement has just gone out, "World broadcast: 'This world will be closing permanently in 60 minutes.'"

Good-bye, Elendilmir, it's been an amazing 8 years, 11 months, and 11 days.
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

Citation Envoyé par Milarien Voir le message
    The World announcement has just gone out, "World broadcast: 'This world will be closing permanently in 60 minutes.'"

Hmmm - I'm guessing (OK, hoping) we're now in a transition period, as the Transfer option also no longer accesses the Closed Worlds. It was my understanding that we would still be able to transfer off of the Closed Worlds after they were no longer available for play. Perhaps there's a new, soon-to-be-announced, Closed Worlds Transfer Mechanism, as I have been caught with about 8 characters left to be moved off of 4 servers.
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

Smile

Heehee, hey Milarien!
    I was dusting off some last remaining characters on a few servers. Managed to get to Windfola and dust off the little hunter, and empty her shared storage of things she needed. Got the announcement "the server will be shutting down permanently in 1 minute. Get the fireworks going!" So I honored their request and fired off a couple Anniversary Fireworks before logging off.

Then out of curiosity, I logged in an unplayed LM in the starter area to see how it went down. The very start where you talk with Elrond, and then Talagan. Just as combat started, all action ceased. I snagged a couple screenies of the combat pose, and waited til the server disconnected to black screen with the Quit button.

Looking forward to getting those alts settled to a server of their own, as they won't all fit with my main chars on Arkenstone.

Only character I didn't get a chance to visit was an LM on the EU Snowborn server, but since she was the only character, she'll be the primary owner of all the stuffs in the shared storage.

Alas dear Elendilmir, I shall treasure the time, friends and memories. *huggles*
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Citation Envoyé par Boskone08 Voir le message
    Hmmm - I'm guessing (OK, hoping) we're now in a transition period, as the Transfer option also no longer accesses the Closed Worlds. It was my understanding that we would still be able to transfer off of the Closed Worlds after they were no longer available for play. Perhaps there's a new, soon-to-be-announced, Closed Worlds Transfer Mechanism, as I have been caught with about 8 characters left to be moved off of 4 servers.
    Yes you will still have the ability to transfer off of the now closed worlds. In order to make sure there are no issues, we have have temporarily turned off the transfers from those worlds. They will be turned back on when all the work that needs to be done with the closings is completed.

Aww, I barely missed it! I'd left one alt on E until the very end for that reason, but alas! I'm not sure where she'll move yet, as my alts and friends are now spread across Arkenstone (my mains are there), Gladden, and Landroval. *moment of silence for the loss of our home for so many years, and for those we met along the way who have died.* It's a bit emotional no longer having that memorial of their alts still in my friends list.
    Amandakay, Elweenia, Melda, Kerthryth, Hallana, and Yaavie of Arkenstone
    Formerly from Elendilmir
    Filling green bars since 2007

Thumbs up

Ah, worried at first, then suddenly relieved in the same thread. Only temporary, good to know.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Citation Envoyé par Griffy Voir le message
    Ah, worried at first, then suddenly relieved in the same thread. Only temporary, good to know.
    Indeed so - thanks for the update, Frelorn!
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

Milarien est déconnecté The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen
    Citation Envoyé par Griffy Voir le message
    Heehee, hey Milarien!
    I was dusting off some last remaining characters on a few servers. Managed to get to Windfola and dust off the little hunter, and empty her shared storage of things she needed. Got the announcement "the server will be shutting down permanently in 1 minute. Get the fireworks going!" So I honored their request and fired off a couple Anniversary Fireworks before logging off.

Then out of curiosity, I logged in an unplayed LM in the starter area to see how it went down. The very start where you talk with Elrond, and then Talagan. Just as combat started, all action ceased. I snagged a couple screenies of the combat pose, and waited til the server disconnected to black screen with the Quit button.

Looking forward to getting those alts settled to a server of their own, as they won't all fit with my main chars on Arkenstone.

Only character I didn't get a chance to visit was an LM on the EU Snowborn server, but since she was the only character, she'll be the primary owner of all the stuffs in the shared storage.

Alas dear Elendilmir, I shall treasure the time, friends and memories. *huggles*
    Griffy!!! Move your alts to Gladden, pretty please! That's where you'll find me now.
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

Citation Envoyé par Frelorn Voir le message
    Yes you will still have the ability to transfer off of the now closed worlds. In order to make sure there are no issues, we have have temporarily turned off the transfers from those worlds. They will be turned back on when all the work that needs to be done with the closings is completed.

Frelorn, did you get to transfer your character off it's old server yet?

Hope you are feeling better now.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Citation Envoyé par Milarien Voir le message

Jingle Jangle.

Here's to everyone who made this server so amazing; Vyxe, Leon, Kriptic, Smegrat, Orak, Kiddefence, Galereon, Thaddeus, Greymoor, Hellnakh, Button, Sylidor, Yicky, Caek, Bubbadoll, Scoobypoo, Biteurarse, KG, Halrandas, IrishReaverDance, Lushable, Cowlick, MoorCowBell (Best spider of all time), Spittingsting (whom I am forever in debt to), Meraithe (Flaygots!), Fathlorn, Shray, Delheru, Snark, Naba, Vengeful (Legit played LOTRO in a hot tub while his wife mowed the lawn. Australian Status: Legendary), Amilee, Galuf, Pukish, Spartanblood, Killmeplz, and so many more that I should remember and wish I could.

I was so lucky to land on this server by chance. So much more lucky that I clicked that monsterplay button before my initial 14 day trial expired.

Thanks for everything, E!

Even my Signature is trolling!

I still find it odd that this server did not make the cut, but rip E.

Règles de messages